Thursday, February 18, 2010

First Coaching Session Results

The first session for my acting coaching was yesterday and went very well. We focused on audition monologues, sifting through the ones I had researched to find the ones that would work for me.

So far, we have three dramatic monologues chosen and two in consideration. Mrs. Heidekrueger gave me a lot of suggestions for making the monologues more personal to me, which will in turn, give a sincerity and truthfulness to the performance.

Now begins the work of integrating the suggestions and personalizing them. I also need to find a couple of comedic monologues, which has been hard because of content and age range.

I really appreciate Mrs. Heidekrueger's coaching and hope to refine my current skills and learn new ones through her experience and training.

No comments:

Post a Comment